Code of conduct for club officials, coaches and volunteers
The essence of good ethical conduct and practice is summarised below. All volunteers must:
- Consider the wellbeing and safety of participants (especially children) before the development of performance.
- Develop an appropriate working relationship with performers, based on mutual trust and respect.
- Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part
- Promote the positive aspects of the sport (eg fair play)
- Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance
- Follow all guidelines laid down by the national governing body and the club
- Hold the appropriate, valid qualifications and insurance cover
- Never exert undue influence over performers to obtain personal benefit or reward
- Never condone rule violations, rough play or the use of prohibitive substances
- Encourage performers to value their performances and not just results.